Responsible Defense 3 is an advanced handgun course specifically designed for development or improvement of advanced tactical skill sets for armed defense.A Valid Texas license-to-carry a handgun or other state-issued handgun license and completion of RESPONSIBLE DEFENSE 1 and RESPONSIBLE DEFENSE 2 is required to take this course.
Course Cost - $295
ATLAS DEFENSE IS CURRENTLY OFFERING CIVILIAN CLASSES TO GROUPS OF 8 OR MORE. IF YOU HAVE A GROUP AND WOULD LIKE TO SCHEDULE TRAINING, PLEASE CALL SCOTT CALVIN AT 512-694-3266
Responsible Defense 3 features “flat-range” live fire handgun training and the Troysgate VIKN system live scenarios:
- Clearing “Double-Feed” Malfunctions
- Engaging Multiple Targets
- Pivot Drills to include 90* and 180* Pivots
- Shooting and reloading on the move (to include: Forward, Backwards and Laterally)
- 5 Complex Scenarios in the VIKN Simulator
Like all Atlas Defense handgun training courses, Responsible Defense 3 is led by a Master Certified Instructor assisted by a Safety Director, highly-experience tactical instructors, and live role players to maximize safety and the realism of the experience.
Immediately following each VIKN system engagement participants will benefit from a videoimprovement critique by tactical instructors.
What to bring:
- Belt Slide Hip Holster or handgun belt with holster
- Your unloaded handgun
- At least two spare magazines (three magazines total) for reloading and magazine pouches
- A light “cover garment” for range (for drawing from concealment)
- State handgun license & government-issued identification
- 300 rounds of ammunition
- Eye and hearing protection
- A signed copy of the release form
- Check-in and classroom at Best of West headquarters
- Bag Lunch