Defensive Handgun 1 is a half day course for the beginner to intermediate shooter.
This course is specifically designed to provide a base foundation for handgun safety and self defense. Defensive Handgun 1 is a great transition course for citizens taking the LTC course in preparation for the more advanced training in Responsible Defense 1 or Active Shooter 1.
Course Cost - $125, Class begins at 8AM
ATLAS DEFENSE IS CURRENTLY OFFERING CIVILIAN CLASSES TO GROUPS OF 8 OR MORE. IF YOU HAVE A GROUP AND WOULD LIKE TO SCHEDULE TRAINING, PLEASE CALL SCOTT CALVIN AT 512-694-3266
The course includes critical classroom and range training modules that cover:
- Comprehensive Handgun Safety
- Transportation, Care and Storage of Firearms
- Semi Automatic Handgun parts and operation
- Ammo, Loading, Unloading, and Malfunctions
- Sight Alignment
- Trigger Control
- Managing Recoil
- Shooting Fundamentals
- Engaging Multiple Targets
Classroom training is followed by instructor demonstration and handgun range skill development.
Like all Atlas Defense training courses, Handgun Shooting 1 is led by a Master Certified Instructor assisted by a Safety Officer to maximize safety.
What to bring:
- Your unloaded semi automatic handgun and holster
- Bring at least two spare magazines for reloading and a magazine pouch
- 250 rounds of ammunition
- Bring your own eye and hearing protection
- Bring a signed copy of the release form
- Sunscreen and cap
- Rental handguns are available for an additional fee of $25.
Check-in and classroom at Best of the West Shooting Sports headquarters then we will proceed to the Atlas Defense tactical bay.