If you cannot escape or barricade yourself and avoid an Active Shooter, then you must fight.
The Atlas Defense - Active Shooter 1 course was created to prepare armed citizens to Win the Fight. This course is not make believe training with fake guns. Our course features real bullets, real people, and real guns. This live fire training course includes expert handgun training and advice on defensive and offensive shooting techniques. The dynamic scenarios for Active Shooter 1 are focused on real active shooter events and will significantly promote confidence in your ability to engage an Active Shooter. Active Shooter 1 is a one-day Handgun course for current LTC Holders.
Course Cost - $295, Class begins at 8AM
ATLAS DEFENSE IS CURRENTLY OFFERING CIVILIAN CLASSES TO GROUPS OF 8 OR MORE. IF YOU HAVE A GROUP AND WOULD LIKE TO SCHEDULE TRAINING, PLEASE CALL SCOTT CALVIN AT 512-694-3266
The course includes critical classroom and range training modules that cover:
- The Mindset Required to Win the Fight
- Combat Shooting Techniques and Drills
- Verbal Command and Control
- How to Interact with Police Officers while Armed
- Post-Use of Deadly Force Procedures
- The Troysgate VIKN System for Live Fire Scenarios
- Comprehensive Handgun Safety for Live Fire Scenarios
Classroom training is followed by both combat handgun range skill development and the Troysgate VIKN system engagement scenarios using live role players and Active Shooter scenarios encountered in the real world. Like all Atlas Defense training courses, AS 1 is led by a Master Certified Instructor assisted by a Safety Director, highly-experience tactical instructors, and live role players to maximize safety and the realism of the experience. Immediately following each VIKN system engagement participants will benefit from an improvement critique by tactical instructors.
What to bring:
- Belt Slide Hip Holster or handgun belt with holster
- Your unloaded handgun
- Semi-automatic pistol, at least two spare magazines for reloading and a magazine pouch
- License to Carry card & government-issued identification
- 300 rounds of ammunition
- Bring your own eye and hearing protection
- Bring a signed copy of the release form
- Sun Screen and cap
- Water and sack lunch
Check-in and classroom at Best of the West Shooting Sports headquarters then we will proceed to the Atlas Defense tactical bay.